Pilot Born Without Arms Defies All Odds

>


She says, ‘There’s nothing that can substitute the tactile ability of flesh and bone – and my feet have that ability.’ Achieving merits that most people would be incredibly proud of, she has been proving that she can do anything that people with arms can do ever since. After learning to fly a plane with her feet, she became the first woman without arms to get a pilot’s licence five years ago. She also became the first armless black belt in the American Tae Kwon Do Association. She got married to 30 year old Patrick Chamberlain. He was an instructor at the school, proving that her disability would not be a barrier to love. Mrs Cox constantly proves that her disability would not hold her back as she is able to drive a car without modifications, type on a keyboard and even play the piano.
She said, ‘Naturally people saw me not having arms as a limiting factor but I was there to prove them wrong. At three years old I was involved in gymnastics, at six I started tap dancing lessons, I did modelling, I swam at five, 10-years-old I was doing Tae Kwon Do, I did every activity you could imagine. Patrick, was a fourth-degree black belt and he was teaching a class with my friend, and we hit it off right away. We got to know each other on an instructor-student basis and met outside of school at social gatherings. He moved on to a different Tae Kwon Do school eventually and he asked me out and the rest was history.’ Jessica and Patrick live together in Tucson, Arizona who got married in 2012. 
SHARE

About Nepali Online Post

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment