Incredible Indian Snake Girl

>
The Incredible Indian Snake Girl
One 11-year-old girl in India fearle$sly refers to the scaly reptiles as her ‘best friends’, whereas most children are scared to dea@th of snakes . Despite receiving several potentially de@dly venom-filled bites, 11-year old Kajol Khan from Ghatampur, Uttar Pradesh, India, continues to eat and sleep with the de@dly animals. She says, ‘’I have a lot of fun with the cobras. It hurt$ when they bite me but sometimes it’s my own fault because I tease them. It’s quite funny’.
Her father has worked as Ghatampur’s snake catcher for the past 45 years and now is in his later fifties. Kajol seems to be keen to join the family business as her father has passed on his skills to his eldest son Gulab, 31. She says she does not like school and prefers working with snakes. She has had a bond with the creatures since she was a small baby and now they are her favorite companions. She has been bitten on her stomach, her cheek$ and arm. Inspite being seriou$ly ill, she made a full recovery.
She added, ‘’It hurt$ when they bite me but they don’t mean it,’ she said. ‘I get a little frightened when I see the blood but my father sorts me out. He rushes into the forest and comes back with the medicine. My father is a snake catcher, his father was a snake catcher. It’s our family business and we’re very proud of what we do.’
He mashes some leaves of wild plants and makes medicine. It is eaten and rubbed on the wound. Her family are very sad about she not going to school. They want her to go to school like other children but she refuses. They also try to get rid of the snakes but she loves them too much and it is very hard for them to do so. Her mother fears that she will not get a good husband to marry in the future.


SHARE

About Nepali Online Post

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment